Our official school motto is ‘Quid Retribuam Domino?’ - ‘What can I render to the Lord?’. Our unofficial motto is ‘Traditional Foundations, 21st Century Education’.
These ideas underlie our school aims, which are as follows.
- To regard all our pupils as of equal importance and to provide equal opportunities for all.
- To create an ordered and civilised environment for learning.
- To encourage all pupils to attain the highest standards in their studies, conduct and personal appearance, and to take pride in all their achievements.
- To promote positive and confident relationships between all members of the school community.
- To provide excellence in teaching, assessment and guidance.
- To offer opportunities in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for personal development and enjoyment.
- To foster self-esteem, respect for others and the world around, and to offer opportunities for initiatives and leadership.
- To look at all pupils as developing individuals and to respond to their particular needs at any stage of their education whilst ensuring their entitlement to a common curriculum.
- To create an effective partnership between home and school.
- To build on pupils’ achievements in previous schools and to prepare them for future learning and their role in a changing society.
- To serve the local community, to provide opportunities for all to continue education throughout life, and to maintain good and productive relationships with local industry and commerce.