Sixth Formers are asked to support the main school by wearing uniform smartly and in the spirit of the business environment. As Sixth Formers are role models for younger pupils, for example as helpers in lessons, House Captains and Prefects, the way they dress is very important to the whole school.
The basics are either:
- Sixth Form tie
- Plain white, grey, black or blue shirt or blouse suitable for wearing with the Sixth Form tie. No patterned, checked or striped shirts or blouses.
- Plain black shoes or boots
- Royal Stewart Dress Tartan kilt with plain black tights
- Plain white or cream shirt or blouse with collar to be worn with a plain long sleeved jumper or cardigan in black, cream, red or grey (round or V-neck). Jumpers or cardigans should not be of a large or patterned knit.
- Plain long sleved polo neck (high neck) jumper in black, cream, red or grey can be worn instead of the above shirt/jumper combination.
- Plain black shoes
As with main school:
- Small/subtle piercings and earings may be worn.
- No ear spacers, stretchers or expanders.
- No visible tattoos.
- No extreme hairstyles or hair colours.
- No outdoor clothing in main school or lessons.
Mobile phone use : Sixth Form students have the privilege of using their mobile phones in the Common Room of the Sixth Form Centre ONLY. Once a student leaves the Sixth Form Centre all mobile phones, headphones or earphones should not be used around main school.
All Sixth Form students will be issued with a lanyard and ID badge which must be worn at all times.