We have our own Careers Adviser at King James School who provides our students with careers education, information and advice and guidance. The Careers Adviser helps students make important decisions and choices about their future plans.
Our Careers Adviser (Karen Morgan) has a qualification in Careers Guidance (Level 7) and experience of working with students from a variety of backgrounds.
Our Careers Adviser supports students by:
- Providing impartial information, advice and guidance on careers, GCSE options, post 16 and post 18 options
- Offering one to one guidance interviews and group sessions
- Attending school events to discuss ideas and plans with students and parents/carers
- Supporting students with applications to colleges, apprenticeships and other post 16 and post 18 opportunities.
- Working with pastoral leaders and SEN staff in school. Working with local colleges and external agencies to ensure that additional support is given when needed and to support transition into post 16 and post 18 learning.
To contact Karen Morgan our Careers Adviser:
- Ring school on 01423 866061 and ask to speak to Karen Morgan in the careers room. · Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Careers Hub – on the first floor in the 6th form block
Can you support your young person (and others) through our Careers Programme?
We like to our encourage our parents, employers, businesses and alumni to support our careers programme. This could be through a variety of ways (such as volunteering, talking to students, mentor student or be on a stand at one of our careers fairs etc.).
Please contact Karen Morgan (email: email@example.com) if you would like more information re becoming involved in our careers programme and events.
Useful resources and websites
Shape Your Future, York and North Yorkshire – 2021-22 – An engaging labour market information booklet for those aged 11-19. Shape Your Future highlights key employment sectors in the area and provides information on pathways and employability.
Shape Your Future, York and North Yorkshire for SEND students– 2021-22 – An engaging labour market information booklet for SEND students aged 11-19. Shape Your Future highlights key employment sectors in the area and provides information on pathways and employability