Vision & Values
King James’s School has a long history going back over 400 years to its founding in 1616. The official school motto is ‘Quid Retribuam Domino’, which means ‘What can I render unto the Lord’.
Our school vision as we continue to move forward, is:
‘To set no limits on what we can achieve’.
We strive to marry the traditions of the school’s rich history with our vision and values for the learners of today. We believe that our role is to support our young people in removing any barriers that prevent them fulfilling their dreams and ambitions. This allows them to truly set no limits on what they can achieve.
This belief is supported by our school values of:
‘Ready, Respectful and Engaged’.
We expect everyone here at King James’s to be ready to improve, be respectful of each other and engage fully in all areas of school life.
Our vision and values underpin our aims, which are as follows:
- To regard all our pupils as of equal importance and to provide opportunities for all.
- To encourage students to be ready, prepared, and believe they can improve. For this, we want everyone to be relentless in their pursuit of excellence.
- To ensure all our students are respectful and aim for the highest standards, along with seeing the best in everyone.
- To foster high levels of engagement by promoting resilience, endeavour and valuing feedback.
- To encourage students to be positive, confident and respectful members of the community, so that they are prepared for future learning and their role in an ever changing society.