Year 8 Options
During Year 7 and 8 the students have had the opportunity to study all the subjects we offer in the Technology and Modern Foreign Language faculties. In Year 9 the depth of these studies increases. To ensure students have sufficient curriculum time to benefit fully from the Year 9 courses, we are asking them to choose the following: one Modern Foreign Language and one Design Technology area.
A summary of the option decisions to be made are below:
Decision to be made NOW in Year 8
for study in Year 9 2022/2023
Decision to be made next year
for study in Year 10 2023/24 & Year 11 2024/25
French OR German
· Continue with the language chosen to GCSE level.
· Choose a different option subject for GCSE (i.e. drop the language).
· If you are considering taking two languages at GCSE level, speak to Ms Copperthwaite.
Food OR Product Design OR Textiles
· Continue with the Technology subject to GCSE level.
· Choose a different option subject for GCSE (i.e.drop Technology)
· If you are considering taking two DT options at GCSE level, speak to Mr Bolger
*We do ask students for a reserve choice of Technology subject due to constraints on staffing and resources. Nevertheless, we do accommodate the first choice most of the time.
This form must be completed by Monday 25th April.
Once you click on the link you will need to sign in with your King James’s School email details.