Classroom Teacher (For Cover)
Supply / Relief
Term Time only (38 weeks)
General Cover paid at MPS1-MPS6
Specialist Cover paid up to UPS3 (dependent on duration of cover required)
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Teacher to cover absence of teaching staff as part of our dedicated delivery team. The team is responsible for a wide range of duties, which include the supervision of students and delivery of work pre-prepared by the subject teacher.
The successful applicant will often provide general day-to-day cover across the curriculum. Additionally, there may be opportunities for more specialist cover for longer durations.
You will have a good understanding of classroom rules and procedures and the ability to manage time and communicate effectively to complete tasks to a high standard. You will have the confidence to manage pupil behaviour.
The job will include:
- registration and supervision of pupils
- delivery of pre-prepared activities and learning as set out by the subject teacher, to enable continuity of learning in their absence
- provision of support and encouragement to pupils, and manage classroom organisation during the cover lesson
- management of pupil behaviour
- collection of any completed work at the end of the lesson, provision of feedback and returning work to the appropriate person
You will be a dynamic and highly motivated individual. This post would suit teachers looking to step back from full class teacher responsibilities or those looking to gain more experience in teaching without the planning or marking responsibility. In return, we offer a competitive salary, and other additional staff benefits.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Completed applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com and received by: Wednesday 27th April 2022, 08.00am
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.