Sixth Formers are asked to support the main school by wearing uniform smartly and in the spirit of the business environment. As Sixth Formers are role models for younger pupils, for example as helpers in lessons, House Captains and Prefects, the way they dress is very important to the whole school.
The basics are either:
- Plain business trouser suit (black, dark grey or navy blue)
- Sixth Form tie or Royal Stewart dress tartan cravat
- Plain white, cream, grey or blue shirt suitable for wearing with the tie or cravat
- Plain dark socks
- Plain dark coloured flat shoes (not boots or pumps)
- Royal Stewart Dress Tartan kilt
- A plain sweater or cardigan that should be fine knitted, in a round, V or polo neck, in black, cream, red or grey
- Plain formal white shirt with collar to be worn with a round or V-neck sweater or cardigan
- Plain dark tights
- Plain dark coloured flat or low-heeled shoes (not boots or pumps)
As with main school:
- No facial or tongue piercings.
- Small/subtle earrings may be worn.
- No ear spacers, stretchers or expanders.
- No visible tattoos.
- No extreme hairstyles or hair colours.
- No outdoor clothing in main school or lessons.