Pastoral Support & Wellbeing
Please use this page to find resources to find sources of help and information during your time in Sixth form.
Please check the main school information page for the latest information and links to additional resources.
You can contact Mrs Simmons (Pastoral Officer for 6th form) by email Sixthformpastoralofficer@king-james.n-yorks.sch.uk any time to get advice or ask questions. You can also just call into the 6th form office for a quick chat or to arrange a meeting.
If you are finding things difficult please remember you are not alone. We are here to support you – whether that is through providing information, giving you the chance to talk things through or to refer you to an external service if you need more support. If you are finding school life difficult in any way please talk to us – we can help.
Check out the websites below for more information:
- Every Mind Matters – looking after your mental health
- The Mix Confidential – support for young people:
- Young Minds Crisis Messanger – 24/7 support for young people
- Five ways to Wellbeing – Mind
- Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Mental Health Helplines
- Mental Health Apps (NHS)
- A-Z of Mental Health
- Young Minds – site specifically for children and young people
- Get Self Help – wealth of infromation, advice and worksheets
- The Go-To – for healthy minds in North Yorkshire (young persons section)
Information for parents
If you have concerns about how your child is coping with the current situation regarding Covid19 or with Sixth Form study more generally please let us know.
- Family Lives – parenting support and confidential helpline
- Young Minds – Medication advice and Parents Survival Guide
- Talk to Frank – honest information about drugs
- The Go-To – for healthy minds in North Yorkshire (parents section)
- Covid-19: Helping Young people managine low mood and depression: Free online course