Pastoral Support & Wellbeing
This page will help you find sources of support and information during your time in Sixth Form.
You can contact Mrs Simmons (Pastoral Officer Year 12 and Year 13) by email Sixthformpastoralofficer@king-james.n-yorks.sch.uk any time to get advice or ask questions. You can also just call into the 6th form office for a quick chat or to arrange a meeting.
If you are finding things difficult please remember you are not alone. We are here to support you – whether that is through providing information, giving you the chance to talk things through or to refer you to an external service if you need more support. If you are finding school life difficult in any way please talk to us – we can help.
Check out the websites below for more information:
- Every Mind Matters –
- The Mix Confidential
- Young Minds Crisis Messenger – 24/7 support
- Five ways to Wellbeing –
- Mental Health Helplines
- Mental Health Apps (NHS)
- A-Z of Mental Health
- Young Minds – site specifically for children and young people
- Get Self Help – wealth of information, advice and worksheets
- The Go-To – for healthy minds in North Yorkshire (young persons section)
- IAPT Talking Therapy (17+)
Information for parents